50+ Best quotes for mother's day

Short Mother’s Day quotes about Moms and motherhood that express just how wonderful moms are and how important they are in our life, from the comfort and love they provide to the wisdom and guidance they offer us as we grow up.

  1. 1=The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children.
    ~ Author Unknown
    2-Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.
    ~ George Eliot
    3-The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children.
    ~ Elaine Heffner
    4-Mother: the most beautiful word on the lips of mankind.
    ~ Kahil Gibran
    5-To a child’s ear, “mother” is magic in any language.
    ~ Arlene Benedict
6-Over the years, I learned so much from mom. She taught me about the importance of home and history and family and tradition.
~ Martha Stewart
7-My mom is a hard worker. She puts her head down and she gets it done. And she finds a way to have fun. She always says, “Happiness is your own responsibility.”
~ Jennifer Garner
8-By the time a woman realizes her mother was right, she has a daughter who thinks she’s wrong.
~ Author Unknown
9-A daughter is someone you laugh with, dream with, and love with all your heart.
~ Author Unknown
10-Everything I am, you helped me to be.
~ Author Unknown
11-To the world you are a mother, but to your family you are the world.
~ Author Unknown
12-Life doesn’t come with a manual. It comes with a mother.
~ Author Unknown
13-Mothers are like buttons. They hold everything together.
~ Author Unknown
14-There’s a reason some people think they can achieve anything. They listened to their mother.
~ Author Unknown
15-An ounce of mother is worth a ton of priest.
~ Spanish Proverb

16-When your mother asks, “Do you want a piece of advice?” it’s a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.
~ Erma Bombeck
17-Men are what their mothers made them.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
18-My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.
~ Michael Jordan
19-A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.
~ Irish Proverb
20-My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
Mark Twain
21-Mother - that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.
~ T. Dewitt Talmage
22-There is an endearing tenderness in the love of a mother to a son that transcends all other affections of the heart.
~ Washington Irving
23-Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life.
~ Sophocles
24-A man never sees all that his mother has been to him until it’s too late to let her know that he sees it.
~ W. D. Howells
25-There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite so special as the love between a mother and a son.
~ Author Unknown
26-All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.
~ Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest
27-My mother told me a million times not to exaggerate.
~ Author Unknown

28-He didn’t realize that love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark.
~ J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
29-Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly.
Sarah Malin
30-Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.
~ Marion C. Garretty
31-A Mother’s heart, a Mother’s faith, and a Mother’s steadfast love were fashioned by the Angels and sent from God above.
32-Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me.
~ Lady Gaga
33-If you have a mom, there is nowhere you are likely to go where a prayer has not already been.
~ Robert Brault
34-I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
~ Abraham Lincoln
35-Mother’s love is bliss, is peace, it need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. If it is there, it is like a blessing; if it is not there, it is as if all the beauty had gone out of life.
~ Erich Fromm
36-Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.
~ Author Unknown
37-Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.
Susan Gale
38-The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.
~ James Faust
39-Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.
~ Robert Browning
40-When you are a mother you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always thinks twice, once for herself and once for her child.
~ Sophia Loren
41-I got to grow up with a mother who taught me to believe in me.
~ Antonio Villaraigosa
42-The days are long, but the years are short.
Gretchen Rubin
43-There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.
~ Elder M. Russell Ballard
44-A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.
~ Princess Diana
45-There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.
~ Jill Churchill
46-A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still she will cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
~ Washington Irving
47-No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love.
~ Edwin Chapin
48-Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.
~ Stevie Wonder
49-Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
~ Author Unknown
50-That’s the wonderful thing about mothers: you can because you must, and you just do.
~ Kate Winslet
51-A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.
~ Dorothy Canfield Fisher



0 Comments